DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION
1. Name and contact data of the persons responsible for data processing and business-related processes
This data protection declaration applies for data processing by:
Responsible organization: mesonic datenverarbeitung gmbh (listed as: mesonic)
Herzog-Friedrich-Platz 1, 3001 Mauerbach, Austria
Telephone: +43 (0)1 – 97030-0
Fax: +43 (0)1 – 9703075
The data protection officer of mesonic can be reached at the above-listed address, Attn: Dr. Gerald Schnabl, or at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Collection and Storage of personal data and type and purpose of usage
When you visit our website www.mesonic.com, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information will be collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
- IP address of the PC of the visitor,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the web page visited,
- Website from which access was made (referrer URL),
- Browser used and possibly the operating system of the visitor PC as well as the access provider name.
The data listed above are processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensure smooth loading of the website,
- Ensure comfortable use of our website
- Evaluation of system security and stability
- Other administrative purposes.
This data is processed in accordance with the GDPR (Art. 6.1.1.f). Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above. In no case do we use the collected data for the purpose of analyzing your profile.
b) Newsletter registration
Upon your express consent in compliance with GDPR (Art. 6.1.1.f), we use your email address to regularly send you our newsletter. The indication of an email address is sufficient for activation of receipt of the newsletter.
Deregistration is possible at any time, for example, via the link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively you can also send your request to unsubscribe to: email@example.com via email.
c) Contact form
For questions of any kind, we offer you the opportunity to contact us via a form provided on the website. It is necessary to provide a valid email address so that we know who the request came from and to answer it. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
The data processing for the purpose of contacting us is in accordance with GDPR (Art. 6.1.1.f), based on your voluntarily granted consent.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after completion of your request.
3. Data Security
A transfer of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below does not take place. We only share your personal information with third parties, when:
- You have given express consent to this according to GDPR (Art. 6.1.1.f),
- Disclosure pursuant to GDPR (Art. 6.1.1.f) is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- Disclosure pursuant to GDPR (Art. 6.1.1.f) is a legal obligation,
- legally permissible and according to GDPR (Art. 6.1.1.f) such disclosure is required for the settlement of contractual relationships with you.
Information is stored in the cookie, which result in connection with the specific end device being used. This does not mean, however, that we are immediately aware of your identity.
Cookies are employed to make your use of our website easier and more pleasant. For example, we use so-called session cookies to recognize that you have already visited individual pages on our website. These are automatically deleted after leaving our page.
In addition, to improve usability, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specified period of time. If you visit our site again to take advantage of our services, it will automatically recognize that you have already been with us and what inputs and settings you have made in order not to have to reset them.
The data processed by cookies are for the purposes mentioned in order to safeguard our legitimate interests as well as third parties according to GDPR (Art. 6.1.1.f).
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or to display a warning notice before a new cookie is created. Disabling cookies completely may mean, however, that you cannot use all features of our website.
5. AnalyseTools, Tracking Tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are in accordance with GDPR (Art. 6.1.1.f). With the tracking measures to be used, we want to ensure a needs-based design and the continuous optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offerings for you. These interests are to be regarded as justified within the scope of the aforementioned regulation. The respective data processing purposes and data categories are to be taken from the corresponding tracking tools.
a) Google Analytics
For the purpose of customizing and continually optimizing our pages, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.com/intl/en/about/) (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, hereafter "Google"). In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see point 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website are transmitted to a Google server in the US and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage for the purposes of market research and tailor-made website design. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data in the order. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with any other data provided by Google. The IP addresses are anonymized, so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking). This information includes:
- Browser type/version,
- Operating system,
- Referrer URL (webpage previously visited),
- Hostname of accessing device (IP address),
- Time of server request,
You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting the browser software accordingly; however, we point out that in this case not all features of this website may be fully exploited.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https: //tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on this link: Google Analytics opt-out. Status: Opt-out. An opt-out cookie will be set that will prevent the future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
For more information about privacy related to Google Analytics, see the Google Analytics Help Center (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
b) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the Adwords customer's website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to this page.
Each Adwords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies cannot be tracked via the websites of Adwords customers. The information gathered using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Adwords customers are informed of the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a conversion tracking tag page. However, they do not receive information that personally identifies users.
6. Social Media Plug-ins
We employ social plug-ins from the social networks Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Google+ on our website, conforming with GDPR (Art. 6.1.1.f), in order to promote company visibility. The underlying commercial purpose is to be regarded as a legitimate interest within the scope of GDPR. Responsibility for the operations compliant with GDPR is assumed by the respective providers. These plug-ins are integrated on our website with the so-called two-click method, in order to protect visitors of our website in the best possible manner.
Social media plugins from Faceook are used on our website to personalize usage. For this purpose, we use the "LIKE" or "SHARE" buttons, which is a feature from Facebook.
If you visit a page of our website that contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to the servers of Facebook. The content of the plugin is transmitted from Facebook directly to your browser and integrated by the latter into the website.
Facebook receives by means of this plugin integration the information that your browser has accessed on the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a Facebook account or are currently not logged in to Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted from your browser directly to a Facebook server in the US and stored there.
If you are logged in to Facebook, Facebook can assign the visit to our website directly to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plugins, for example, press the "LIKE" or "SHARE" button, the corresponding information is also transmitted directly to a server of Facebook and stored there. The information will also be posted on Facebook and displayed to your Facebook friends.
Facebook can use this information for the purpose of advertising, market research and bespoke Facebook pages. For this purpose, user profiles, interest profiles and relationship profiles are created by Facebook. For example, to evaluate your use of our website in relation to the advertisements displayed on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on our website, and to provide other services related to the use of Facebook.
If you do not want Facebook to assign the data collected via our website to your Facebook account, please log out of Facebook before visiting our website.
7. Rights to information on personal data
You have the following rights:
- The right to supply of information about your personal data that processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, this includes information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or revocation. Furthermore, the existence of the right to complaints, the source of data, when not collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about such details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, the right to immediately demand the correction of incorrect or completed personal data stored by us;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, the right to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is justified for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- the right to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data according to Art. 18 GDPR, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, and in case you have rejected data deletion, we no longer need the data, but you have asserted claims, with regard to the exercise or defense of legal claims, or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- In accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, the right to receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, standard and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another responsible party;
- according to Art. 7 paragraph 3 GDPR, the right to revoke at any time the data usage consent granted to us. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent from that point on;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority with jurisdiction for your place of residence, your place of work, or your company headquarters.
8. Revocation of data usage
When your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate purposes in accordance with GDPR (Art. 6.1.1.f), you have the right according to Art. 21 GDPR to file an objection against the processing of your personal data, provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is related to direct marketing (mailings). In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without further specification of any particular situation.
When you wish to make use of this right to objection to revocation, simply send an email for this purpose to firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Data Security
We employ the industry standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption method during your website visit, in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this is a 256-bit encryption. When your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we employ 128-bit v3 technology. The encryption status of an individual web page on our website is denoted by the key or lock icon displayed in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
10. Validity and changes to this data protection declaration